Enjoy The Many Stunning Photo Opportunities
It is a good idea to discuss with your photographer what types of shots you would like and where (closest to the venue) can you achieve these shots. Don’t forget to discuss a wet weather photography plan.
Here are some photography ideas :
- On the waterfront balcony with the sun setting in the background
or Glasshouse Mountain (opposite)
- On the balcony on the timber chair or under the arch
- On the path overlooking the Trawler pontoon (great black & white)
- The lawn and garden opposite the venue (Thurecht Park) or at Pelican Park (3-4mins drive) there is a beautiful ocean shot and lots of gardens to create a couple of different looks, the foreshore and Woody Point Jetty is also very attractive (can be windy)
- Group photo on the stairs
- Mock cutting the cake near the folding glass doors with boats in the background
- Shooting back from the outside balcony to the cake cutting and bridal table in the background
- Shooting from inside at the 'Bridal Table' looking out to the balcony & view
- Ceremony on the deck with the boats and ocean as the backdrop
- Signing the register with a touch of mango wall and blue sky above – just perfect (also a nice shot for thank you cards)
- Jamieson's Park – tidal spit great shot for that walking on water look with the Glasshouse Mountains & Bribie Island in the background this shot is particularly impressive right on sunset see our photo gallery for an example
- Redcliffe Jetty (can be windy)
- Settlement Cove gardens (can be windy)
- Newport beachfront & parks Scarborough Beach, Queens beach, Jamieson's Park, Newport (Endeavour Park / Oyster Parade) are ideal for bridal photos (quick access, less populated, short walk to the water)
Please note: Unfortunately we cannot give you access to the trawler pontoon as this is Port Authority property and no public access is permitted.
On the way to Sunset Blue
- Sandgate jetty, Baptist church & parklands overlooking the jetty Pelican Park at Clontarf (can be windy) North Lakes
The average allowance for wedding photography is 45 mins – 1 ½ hours
Don’t forget your umbrella!
Don’t forget to throw in the trusty golf umbrella to help with unpredictable weather. Even if it is sunny the golf umbrella comes in handy during your afternoon photography to keep the heat off your make up. Don’t use a beach umbrella, particularly if it is new, as the dye on the umbrella may run, this can be disastrous with a white dress.
If you are using friends cars, don't forget to pack a mobile phone!
Professional car hire companies will have a car phone or mobile. If you are using friends cars make sure someone has a mobile phone with them so they can phone ahead in case there is a problem on the road. This is important especially for your ceremony as most celebrants / churches cannot wait for more than 15 mins to 1/2 hr as your late arrival may effect another wedding ceremony.